Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beach Boxes at Blairgowrie





Sitting here doing my usual two hours of editing (sometimes real, sometimes practice) before Archie's rollover feed. This is the only time of the day I am likely to be undisturbed, so tonight I have made the most of this precious time by re-editing some family shots I took in june. These were some of the first images I shot in RAW, and initially I decided they were crap, for various reasons, but as my lightroom skills are improving (slowly LOL) I thought I'd have a go at improving them. They're still not great, but a nice palette for colour play. Of course, as always, there is 'real work' I could be doing, but this is so satisfying and doesn't require as much concentration - Arch has had a temp of 39 degrees since Thursday night, and so every 15 mins I have to get up and wedge a dummy into his hot and clammy little face.
This was my first ever visit to beach boxes for a photo shoot, which is ridiculous, I know. My kids were SO not in the mood this day, and so flatly refused to move around to accommodate light conditions and background colour, but anyway, I have a head full of ideas for future shoots, and am very keen to have another go soon.

No comments: